Interpreting & Application Services, LLC assists Individuals with significant disabilities to obtain, return, and maintain gainful employment in an integrated setting. Services include intensive supports, job developing, job carving, accommodations, developing natural support in the work place, extended and on-going support services to make sure the employee and the employer are satisfied with the employment outcome.
Basic Aspects of Supported Employment:
• The individual makes decisions about what type of job they want for a career goal
• The job is competitive work in an integrated setting for individuals with disabilities for whom competitive employment has not traditionally occurred
• Everyone is considered eligible and employable regardless of disability
• The salary is the same for all workersPerforming the job regardless of disability
• On-the-job training and ongoing supports are provided intensively at first, and then less often, as ability is attained It helps the individual to get and keep a job in his or her community
Note: Add: Balancing Benefits & Employment